Passing of Resolutions 2021-02 and 2021-03
During the August 7th Special Board Meeting, the Board of Education passed Resolution on Grades K-6 and K-8 Learning Modalities for Fall 2020, During COVID-19 Pandemic, AND Resolution on Grades 7-8 and 9-12 Learning Modalities for Fall 2020, During COVID-19 Pandemic.
Duties of the Board
The school district is governed by the school board elected by the district’s registered voters. The board is authorized to:
- Establish policies that direct the school district
- Employ and evaluate the superintendent
- Negotiate with employee groups to determine salaries and benefits
- Approve the annual budget
- Authorize elections on bond proposals and other issues
- Determine the long-range direction of the district
- Communicate with the community
The School Board acts officially only as a corporate group. An individual Board member has no authority outside of a formally called Board meeting.