Petaluma High School Graduation Requirements
- English - 40 credits/4 years
- Social Studies - 30 credits/3 years (World History, US History, and Gov/Econ)
- Math - 20 credits/2 years (must pass Math 1)
- Science - 20 credits/2 years (10 credits of each; 1 Physical & 1 Biological)
- Math/Science Related - 10 credits/1 year (additional Math or Science class or a Math/Sci related class)
- Physical Education - 20 credits/2 years (PE 9 must be taken in 9th grade)
- Foreign Lang/VPA/CTE - 10 credits/1year
- Human Interaction - 5 credits/1 semester (pairs with Intro to Business, taken in 9th grade)
- Electives - 65 credits
- TOTAL = 220 CREDITS
- Fs = 0 credits
- 1 semester = 5 credits & 1 year = 10 credits
A-G Requirements (4 Year College Bound Students)
- History/Social Science - 2 years required
- English – 4 years required
- Mathematics – 3 years required, 4 years recommend (minimum through Math 3)
- Laboratory Science – 2 years required, 3 years recommended (1 Physical, 1 Biological)
- Language Other than English – 2 years required, 3 years recommended (must be same language)
- Visual & Performing Arts – 1 year required
- College Prep Elective – 1 year required
These are the minimum requirements for students to be eligible for schools in the CSU and UC system. Please note that it is recommended to go above and beyond. Ds and Fs are not accepted.
More Information & Resources on A-G Requirements
- The PHS A-G approved course list can be found PHS A-G approved course list can be found online
- Suggested plan of courses for A-G eligibility attached.
- Costs of college, see attached.
- PHS Roadmap to College, see attached.
- More resources: