Link CrewLink Crew Vision
Engage and support our incoming freshmen class
Develop student leaders
Build a culture of support, inclusion, and positive energy at Petaluma High School
The transition begins with Link Crew Leader visits and information getting out to the eighth graders and their parents in the spring.
Link Crew orientation is phenomenal! Students are welcomed and wow-ed. The orientation is a combination of opening and closing assemblies and a small group session of 10 students led by a Link Crew Leader.
The same Link Leader that led the new students on orientation day will provide social and academic support throughout the school year. Link Leaders are also trained to teach life skills lessons in freshman classrooms at various times during the year.
Link Crew is a Leadership training program.
Petaluma High School juniors and seniors will be trained in team building activities, cooperative skill development, and discussion skills. Each of these Link Leaders then receives a list of ten freshmen to telephone and personally invite to the orientation, to work with at orientation, and to stay in touch with throughout the school year. They become leaders, motivators, role models, and teachers.
Link Crew is a school community building program.
Link Crew is based on a simple concept: linking freshmen with successful seniors and juniors. By creating a sense of comfort for the incoming students and a sense of responsibility in the juniors and seniors, Link Crew will encourage a positive culture of engagement and respect at Petaluma High School. This changes the stereotypical attitudes of the juniors and seniors toward freshmen, and respect for freshmen becomes the norm. This, in turn, shifts the culture to one of support and inclusion.
Link Crew Objectives
- Empower juniors and seniors as role models for freshmen.
- Increase academic success through support of peers.
- Develop Leadership skills in students at Petaluma High School.
- Allow successful older students to pass on positive traditions to younger students.
- Expose students to a variety of individuals at Petaluma High School in positive situations.
- Teach students that by working together they can be successful and enjoy one another.
- Help create a supportive and positive atmosphere on our campus.
Brought to you by a generous grant from...EACH Foundation