Petaluma Accelerated Charter School (PACS)
For information on enrolling in PACS, go here.
The Petaluma Accelerated Charter School (PACS) at McKinley was founded in 2015 with a mission to engage a diverse group of junior high school students in a dynamic, rigorous, and personalized 21st-century learning experience while preparing them to become global citizens, problem solvers, and leaders. Successful candidates are self-motivated students who are interested in and prepared for a dynamic, rigorous, and fast-paced academic environment with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
Petaluma Accelerated Charter School (PACS) was designed with your student in mind.
We believe students thrive when placed in an environment which asks them to push themselves academically. Students at Petaluma Accelerated Charter School will experience middle school differently. With a small-school feel, small class sizes, and personalized instruction, each student will be equipped with the tools he or she needs to succeed.
PACS is made up of two 7th and 8th grade classrooms taught by a team of four teachers. Students who attend PACS can look forward to STEAM-focused electives, honors-level English classes, interactive history classes, a competitive science program, and a compacted math program which will prepare them to begin high school in 10th grade math, putting them a year ahead of their peers.
- Rigorous academic focus
- Students will be ready for Math II (sophomore-level math) upon successful completion of the program
- Students will be ready for Spanish II (sophomore-level Spanish) upon successful completion of the program
- Integrated Instructional Core Curriculum
- ELA and Social Studies
- Math and Science
- Spanish-language acquisition through content (~120 minutes / week)
- Physical Education instruction (~200 minutes / week)
- Music instruction (~60 minutes / week)
- Academic focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) Electives
- Critical Media Literacy
- Environmental Engineering
- Fantasy Baseball (Statistics)
- Podcasting PACS at McKinley Information and Admission 1
- Print and Digital Journalism
- Movie Production
- Food Science
- Mural Making
2020 PACS Informational Night
Thursday, January 16th from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
2020 PACS Tours
- Wednesday, December 18th @ 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Wednesday, January 22nd @ 11:00AM-12:15PM
- Tuesday, February 4th @ 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
- Wednesday, March 4th @ 8:30 AM-9:45 AM
- Wednesday, April 15th @ 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
PACS @ McKinley Placement Exam (non-district students only)
- Wednesday, February 26th from 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM