Petaluma Accelerated Charter School (PACS)
For information on enrolling in PACS, go here.
The Petaluma Accelerated Charter School (PACS) at McKinley was founded in 2015 with a mission to engage a diverse group of junior high school students in a dynamic, rigorous, and personalized 21st-century learning experience while preparing them to become global citizens, problem solvers, and leaders. Successful candidates are self-motivated students who are interested in and prepared for a dynamic, rigorous, and fast-paced academic environment with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
Petaluma Accelerated Charter School (PACS) was designed with your student in mind.
We believe students thrive when placed in an environment which asks them to push themselves academically. Students at Petaluma Accelerated Charter School will experience middle school differently. With a small-school feel, small class sizes, and personalized instruction, each student will be equipped with the tools he or she needs to succeed.
PACS is made up of two 7th and 8th grade classrooms taught by a team of four teachers. Students who attend PACS can look forward to STEAM-focused electives, honors-level English classes, interactive history classes, a competitive science program, and a compacted math program which will prepare them to begin high school in 10th grade math, putting them a year ahead of their peers.
For more information about our program and to read student testimonials, check out the 2019 Prospective PACS Family Informational Night Slideshow
- Rigorous academic focus
- Students will be ready for Math II (sophomore-level math) upon successful completion of the program
- Students will be ready for Spanish II (sophomore-level Spanish) upon successful completion of the program
- Integrated Instructional Core Curriculum
- ELA and Social Studies
- Math and Science
- Spanish-language acquisition through content (~120 minutes / week)
- Physical Education instruction (~200 minutes / week)
- Music instruction (~60 minutes / week)
- Academic focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) Electives
- Critical Media Literacy
- Environmental Engineering
- Fantasy Baseball (Statistics)
- Podcasting PACS at McKinley Information and Admission 1
- Print and Digital Journalism
- Movie Production
- Food Science
- Mural Making
PACS Informational Night will be on Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the Multi
2019 PACS Tours
- Wednesday, January 23rd @ 11:00AM-12:15PM
- Tuesday, February 5th @ 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
- Monday March 4th @ 8:30 AM-9:45 AM
- Wednesday April 3rd @ 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM