Certificated Application Requirements
- A cover letter specific to your qualifications for the position
- A resume, including reference contact telephone numbers
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Copy of credentials/certifications
- If applying as an Intern, submit verification letter from University of eligibility for Internship credential (application will not be considered without this documentation)
- Copies of transcripts showing degrees awarded (official transcripts will be required at time of employment)
Certificated Position Requirements
- Appropriate valid California teaching credential
- Credential authorizing instruction to English Learner student (SB 2042 credential with embedded EL authorizations, SDAIE, CLAD or BCLAD)
Classified Application Requirements
- It is recommended that applications be accompanied by a cover letter, resume and a minimum of two letters of recommendation for any non-Secretary positions in Range 1 through Range 9.
- It is required that applications be accompanied by a cover letter, resume and a minimum of two letters of recommendation for all Secretary positions and all Range 10 through Range 16 positions.
Classified Position Requirements
- Position requirements are dependent on the position (see vacancy notice on EdJoin for additional information)
Special Notes Regarding Employment
- Fingerprint Clearance
- There is a fingerprint processing fee payable by the employee post-offer/pre-placement.
- The applicant will need to submit evidence that he/she is free from tuberculosis in accordance with Education Code 49406 post-offer/pre-placement.
It is Petaluma City Schools' policy to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation as defined by state and federal laws. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is provided to all eligible applicants and employees as required by law. Complaints regarding unlawful discrimination may be filed with Petaluma City Schools' Human Resources Department.