Health & Immunization Requirements
- The Petaluma City Schools District requires a child to have a physical examination and oral health assessment prior to entering kindergarten.
- At the time of kindergarten enrollment, parents are asked to provide the school with the scheduled appointment date for the physical exam.
- Children will not be admitted to a classroom in the fall unless the physical exam has been completed.
- Examination between March and the start of school meet both the K and 1st grade examination request.
- At the time of enrollment, proof of complete immunization records must be verified. It is required by California State law that all students have complete records of immunizations prior to entering kindergarten. Children will not be admitted to a classroom unless the immunizations are up-to-date.
- Polio Vaccine (OPV and/or IPV)
- 4 doses… but 3 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- Diphtheria, tetanus & Pertussis Ages 6 years and under (Pertussis is required)
- 5 doses…but 4 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- 2 doses, both on or after the 4th birthday.
- Hepatitis B
- 3 doses
- 1 dose or health care provided documented varicella disease or immunity.