Students who follow directions, look and sound engaged in their learning, and turn in assignments regularly can earn 25% of their total grade and credits for simple class participation and engagement. Think of that as the first 2 of the 5 credits you need for a course each semester. All you have to do is look and act like someone who cares about learning and being responsible.
Class participation points are based on working for the entire class time. Leaving your seat or stopping working reduces those points dramatically. Students who work quietly earn points every day for class participation.
Follow the guidelines listed below to earn full participation points:
- Punctual students who have all required materials and books will earn participation points every day. All tardies and absences affect your participation grade.
- Go to your cubby before or after class if necessary. Book/Materials tardies are added to makeup time.
- Use the materials and equipment that we provide wisely. Do not abuse or misuse them.
- Ask permission to leave the room. Don’t go often, especially during lectures or directions.
- Have meals in the kitchen outside of class time.
- Only bottles with caps in class. No dishes or glasses.
- Push in your chair and clean up any mess before you leave the class.
- Follow cell phone and dress code guidelines
- Refrain from using profanity to avoid losing points.