Learning Continuity Plan (2020-2021)
In lieu of the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP), for the 2020-2021 school year, districts developed a Leaning Continuity & Attendance Plan.
Along with the passage of the state budget, Senate Bill (SB) 98 was approved by the state legislature and signed into law by Governor Newsom which
"established that the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) and an annual update to the LCAP are not required for the 2020–21 school year and that the California Department of Education (CDE) shall not publish the California School Dashboard in December 2020 based on performance data on the state and local indicators."
"SB 98 also separates the development and adoption of the Budget Overview for Parents from the development and adoption of the LCAP for the 2020–21 school year. The legislation also requires that the Budget Overview for Parents be developed and adopted by December 15, 2020. The requirements to hold a separate public hearing and adoption at a public local governing board meeting consistent with California Education Code (EC) Section 52064.1 of the Budget Overview for Parents remains."
"SB 98 establishes California EC Section 43509 and the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan (Learning Continuity Plan) requirements for the 2020–21 school year."
The Learning Continuity Plan provides information for how student learning continuity is addressed during the COVID-19 crisis in the 2020–21 school year.
It is "intended to balance the needs of all stakeholders, including educators, parents, students and community members, while both streamlining engagement and condensing several preexisting plans. In particular, it was important to combine (1) the intent behind Executive Order N-56-20, published in April 2020, which envisioned an off cycle Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) due December 15th, and (2) the ongoing need for LEAs to formally plan to return to school in the midst of the uncertainty and of COVID-19, without requiring two plans. The Learning Continuity Plan replaces the LCAP for the 2020–21 school year."
PCS held stakeholder engagement meetings to consult, review, and communicate decisions that guide instruction during the 2020–21 school year on the following dates/times:
- Elementary (TK-6)
- LCP Part 1, Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020
- LCP Part 2, Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020
- Secondary (7-12)
- LCP Part 1, Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020
- LCP Part 2, Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020
- Public Hearing -- as part of the regularly scheduled board meeting
- Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020
- Draft Review (Elementary and Secondary Together)
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020
- Draft Review Presented to DELAC
- Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020
- Board Approval -- as part of the regularly scheduled board meeting
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 , 2020
Learning Continuity & Attendance Plan
- Learning Continuity Plan for Petaluma City Schools (English)
- Learning Continuity Plan for Petaluma Accelerated Charter Schools (English)
- Learning Continuity Plan for Mary Collins Charter School at Cherry Valley (English)
- Learning Continuity Plan for Penngrove Elementary (English)
Budget Overiew for Parents
- Budget Overview for Parents (Petaluma City Elementary)
- Budget Overview for Parents (Petaluma Joint Union High)
- Elementary (TK-6)