These databases can support class projects or any non fiction topics you want to learn more about. For databases that require passwords, use the password document and be sure that you are signed in with your petk12.org email. Need help? Email us at email@example.com
The site features select primary-source documents related to critical people and events in African American history. Our intention is to support a wide range of students, independent researchers and anyone interested in learning more about the foundation of ongoing racial injustice in the U.S. – and the fights against it.
No password required!
A great resource for articles, facts, and information about a world of subjects. Articles, Images, and Trusted Website Lists.
No password required! ¡No se requiere contraseña!
The Britannica encyclopedia in Spanish - A great resource for articles, facts, and information about a world of subjects written in Spanish.
La enciclopedia Británica en español: un gran recurso para artículos, hechos e información sobre un mundo de temas escritos en español.
Gale STEAM resources provide essential, curriculum-aligned digital content for California K-12 learners. Include links to resources for elementary, middle and high school content.
- Gale In Context: Environmental Studies - Understand environmental issues that affect people globally through topic overviews, journals, news, and multimedia content.
- Gale Interactive: Science - Manipulate 3D interactive models to visualize and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth, and space science
- Gale Presents: National Geographic Kids - Explore amazing adventures in science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space.
No password is required!
This site contains peer-reviewed journals that have been peer-reviewed in a different way; papers are accepted as long as the methodology is good. Reviewing comes from readers who respond to the article. Check for media coverage and compare your original article to the popular article written from it, as well as the number of citations, views, and responses.
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world.
CultureGrams Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators.
SIRS Discoverer Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day.
SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics
eLibrary Guided Research Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers.
eLibrary Database Edition Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Central Student - designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest's most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news.
Central Student Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology.
This requires a username and password when you are off campus. See the password document above for log in info.
Provides up-to-date, nonjudgmental, straightforward curricular and self-help support. Articles are correlated to state, national, and provincial standards, including Common Core Health and Science. Topics covered include diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide, bullying, LGBTQ issues, and more.
This requires a magic word. See the password document above for log in info.
Contains the latest and back issues of the journals Scientific American and Scientific American Mind, as well as scientific web articles and videos.
The public library has lots of excellent databases to take advantage of. Use your Student OneCard to access.
- Your library card number is : pcs and the five numbers of your student ID. (EXAMPLE: pcs54321).
- Your PIN number is: the four digits of the year you were born. (Example: 2007)
- HINT: Check your ID card or Aeries if you do not remember your PCS student ID number