COVID-19 Safety Plans (CSP)
Petaluma City Elementary Approved COVID-19 Safety Plans & Supporting Documents:
- Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Progam (Petaluma City Elementary District)
- COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist (Petaluma City Elementary District)
- COVID-19 Safety Plan & School Guidance Checklist Supplemental Questions (Petaluma City Elementary District) English / Spanish
- COVID-19 Safety Plan & School Guidance Checklist Supplemental Questions for Site-Specific Information
- Grant Elementary School (English / Spanish)
- Mary Collins Charter School at Cherry Valley (English / Spanish)
- McDowell Elementary School (English / Spanish)
- McKinley Elementary School (English / Spanish)
- McNear Elementary School (English / Spanish)
- Penngrove Elementary School (English / Spanish)
- Valley Vista Elementary School (English / Spanish)
Updated Reopening Guidance for In-Person Instruction
On January 14, 2021 the California Department of Public Health released a single consolidated framework with updated guidance for schools titled Reopening In-Person Instruction Framework and Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools, which included updated guidance on how and when public schools could reopen for in-person instruction.
Completion of a COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP)
Under this updated guidance, all schools must complete and post to their website homepages a COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP) prior to reopening for in-person instruction. Schools that were already open for in-person instruction were required to post their CSP by February 1, 2021. PCS was not open for in-person and was not required to post its CSP by the February 1 deadline.
While in the Purple tier, elementary schools (TK-6) must complete a CSP (Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Program + COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist) and receive approval from the county public health department. Secondary schools (7-12) are not allowed to return for in-person instruction in the Purple tier.
Supplemental Information to the CSP Required by Sonoma Public Health
In addition to the CSP, Sonoma County Public Health is requiring the completion and submission of a supplemental document to the COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist with site-specific details of how the district and schools will meet the reopening requirements. The county provided an 87-point rubric and template to schools on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2021. Petaluma City Schools staff then worked to transfer all existing reopening plans and details to the supplemental documents.
CSP Posting Requirements
As required in the updated guidance, the CSP must be posted on the district website upon submission for approval and must be posted at least five (5) days prior to the reopening of a district/school. Petaluma City Elementary COVID-19 Safety Plans have been reviewed and approved by county public health and were posted to its website on Friday, March 5, 2021.
- CA Safe Schools for All Hub
- CDPH reopening In-Person Instruction Framework and Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools
- CDPH K-12 Schools Reopening Framework & Guidance Q&A
- Safe Schools Reopening Map
- CCEE Comprehensive Overview of Guidance Updates
- Updated CDPH Guidance on Athletics (Feb. 19, 2021)
- Sonoma County Roadmap to Reopening--Most Updated COVID Case Rates & Tier Information