Board Elections Information
Under the California Voting Rights Act (CVRA), PCS has gone through the process of redistricting to transition to “by-Trustee-area” elections. After holding five public meetings, all of which included a Public Hearing about redistricting, the Board approved Map Scenario 5. This map is for Board elections and will be put into effect for the November 2022 elections. It is important to note that this does not affect school boundaries at all. Additionally, each Board member, regardless of the trustee area in which they reside, still represents the entire District.
If you live in any of the following Trustee Areas, you will have the option to run for that board member seat in the 2022 election, and/or you will be able to vote for a member in that area:
- Trustee Area 2 (green on the map)
- Trustee Area 3 (red on the map)
- Trustee Area 5 (purple on the map)
Trustee Areas 1 and 4 are shown in white on the map and are not up for election until 2024.
To look up your address on the map:
- Click on the View Larger Map icon in the upper-right-hand corner of the map.
- When the map opens, click on the magnifying glass that can be found towards the upper-left-hand side of the map.
- Start typing in your address. When your address shows up, click on it and it will show where your address is located on the map.
- If the map zooms in, use the buttons in the lower-left area of the map to zoom out.
- Note: If you live close to the border of two or more zones, you may want to zoom in to better see which you are in.
If you have any questions or need assistance, you can contact the District Office by emailing email@example.com or calling 707-778-4604.