Board of Education
Public Notice of Election - November 8. 2022
Click the link to access the Public Notice of Election: November 8, 2022.
Special Study Session: Equity Needs Assessment
Click the link to access the video of the study session and download the full report.
Duties of the Board
The school district is governed by the school board elected by the district’s registered voters. The board is authorized to:
- Establish policies that direct the school district
- Employ and evaluate the superintendent
- Negotiate with employee groups to determine salaries and benefits
- Approve the annual budget
- Authorize elections on bond proposals and other issues
- Determine the long-range direction of the district
- Communicate with the community
The School Board acts officially only as a corporate group. An individual Board member has no authority outside of a formally called Board meeting.