Sixth Grade Academy Application
Application Due no later than February 21, 2020
The application must be completed and received in the Petaluma Junior High School office: 700 Bantam Way, Petaluma, California, 94952 by Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Complete the application packet, pages 5 through 9.
- All students are required to submit the Student Questionnaire.
- All parents are required to submit the Parent Questionnaire.
- All students and parents are required to sign and submit the Student and Parent Pledge.
- All students will be notified of their acceptance by Friday, February 28, 2020.
Enrollment Priority Levels
Spaces are filled according to priority levels. Program capacity is sixty-four (64). All applications will be time-stamped upon receipt in the office of Petaluma Junior High School.
- First priority for enrollment will be granted to students residing in the Petaluma City Schools attendance area on a first come first serve basis, up to 64, until February 21, 2020.
- If the number of completed admission applications does not exceed 64 by February 21, 2020, students from outside the Petaluma City School District will be enrolled on a first come first serve basis.
- If that number exceeds 64, applicants will be placed on a waiting list. All applications will be time-stamped when submitted and that will serve as the determining factor for admission.
- December 6: Application packets available upon request at the PJHS and PCS District Office.
- January 16: Sixth Grade Academy at PJHS program information night in the PJHS Multi-Purpose Room at 6:00 pm.
- February 21: Applications due to the PJHS/SGA office by 4:00 PM.
- February 24-27: Applications reviewed.
- February 28: Admission/Acceptance letters mailed or emailed.
- August 18, 2020: First day of school.