Sixth Grade Academy Application
Application Due no later than March 1, 2019
The application must be completed and received in the Petaluma Junior High School office: 700 Bantam Way, Petaluma, California, 94952 by Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Complete the application packet, pages 5 through 9.
- All students are required to submit the Student Questionnaire.
- All parents are required to submit the Parent Questionnaire.
- All students and parents are required to sign and submit the Student and Parent Pledge.
- All students will be notified of their acceptance by Friday, March 15, 2019.
Enrollment Priority Levels
Spaces are filled according to priority levels. Program capacity is sixty-four (64). All applications will be time stamped upon receipt in the office of Petaluma Junior High School.
- First priority for enrollment will be granted to students residing in the Petaluma City Schools attendance area on a first come first serve basis, up to 64, until March 1, 2019.
- If the number of completed admission applications does not exceed 64 by March 1, 2019, students from outside the Petaluma City School District will be enrolled on a first come first serve basis.
- If that number exceeds 64, applicants will be placed on a waiting list. All applications will be time stamped when submitted and that will serve as the determining factor for admission.
- December 8: Application packets available upon request at the PJHS and PCS District Office.
- January 10: Phone call notification from PJHS to all families of fifth graders in PCS regarding Sixth Grade Academy Information Night.
- January 23: Sixth Grade Academy at PJHS program information night in the PJHS Multi-Purpose Room at 6:00 pm.
- March 1: Applications due to the PJHS/SGA office by 4:00 PM.
- March 1-15: Applications reviewed.
- March 15: Admission/Acceptance letters mailed or emailed.
- August 2018: First day of school.