The Digital Portfolio
All students will begin working on this assignment at the start of each new school year or as soon as they start as a student. It is part of the New Student Assignment and part of the 3x4 Returning Student Assignment. Near the end of each spring semester, in May, at our Open House Night, students present their digital portfolios. It is our "Open House Portfolio Night" !
You can just make an entirely new website each year or you can combine your years into one website but please remember, a new About Me page and Dedication page are required every school year.
Research has shown that academic portfolios are an outstanding opportunity for students and so we don't want Valley Oaks students to miss out! Here is a page of text explaining the importance of your portfolio.
Good luck, students, and have fun being creative and reflecting on your lives, your education, and who you are!
- Steps for Creating a Digital Portfolio
- Instructions for the About Me Page
- Instructions for the Dedication Page
- Instructions for the Work Sample Reflection Paragraphs
- Interview Questions for Portfolio Night/Open House Night
- EXAMPLES of in-progress, not finished Digital Portfolios (the reflection essays are not done in these examples)
Examples of finished portfolios coming soon!