Earning Credits At San Antonio High SchoolSan Antonio students have the same graduation requirements (to complete 220 credits as specified below) as the other high schools in Petaluma City Schools:
San Antonio provides credit recovery opportunities for students. Students who show up, are engaged in their learning, and turn in assignments regularly will successfully maximize their credit-earning potential. Class participation points are based on working for the entire class time. It is important to remember that non-productive class time results in a reduction in the number of credits earned.
Follow the guidelines listed below to earn full participation points:
- Punctual students who have all required materials and books will earn participation points every day.
- All tardies and absences affect your participation grade.
- Use the materials and equipment that we provide wisely. Do not abuse or misuse them.
- Ask permission to leave the room. Don’t go often, especially during lectures or directions.
- Push in your chair and clean up any mess before you leave the class.
- Follow cell phone and dress code guidelines
- Be respectful to your teachers, classmates, and school property.
- Refrain from using profanity to avoid losing points.
Loss of Credit:
If your behavior is inappropriate in class you will lose credit for that class period. This is recorded daily and has a major impact on total credits earned for each marked period.
Class Grade and Credit:
To receive credits in a class, you MUST be earning a "C-" or higher in the class by the end of the grading period. If you are earning less than a "C-," you will not receive any credit for the class.
Additional class credit:
You may request extra credit from a teacher. This may equal up to one extra credit per class per grading period if you are in good standing (passing the class, class participation, and good attendance).
Students will be recognized for their effort at the end of each semester.
- Honor Roll: 30 credits or more & GPA of 3.0 or higher = .30 elective credit.
- High Honor Roll: 30 credits or more & GPA of 3.5 or higher = .50 elective credit.
- Principals List: 35 credits or more & GPA of 3.8 or higher = 1 elective credit.
If you have a job for which you receive a paycheck, you may receive elective credit. Keep your pay stubs to verify the number of hours worked. A maximum of 10 elective units per semester is possible, 40 credits total.
Students can earn extra credits by con-enrolling in Adult Education evening classes or SRJC classes.
Students must be in good standing (attending school regularly with positive behavior) to participate.
- For example, our Cooking Club meets at lunchtime 1-2 times a month. Students will receive 30 elective credits for every meeting they attend.
Community Service (12 hours = 1 credit)
All volunteer/community service placements need to be approved by Mr. Jamerson. Your hours need to be logged and verified by a supervisor on the Community Service Log. Logs and reflection journal are due to Mr. Jamerson at the end of a grading period or semester. Students who are assigned community service through the district office by contacting will not earn extra credit for the first 20 hours served.