RISE Academy Student Expectations
The Staff at RISE Expects that students upon enrolling will:
- Attend school every day on time prepared to engage
- Be Respectful of the staff, their peers, and the school facility
- Follow all Classroom Rules, Expectations and Norms
- Dress Appropriately for a school/ work environment
- Morning Meeting begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Students are expected to be in class on time ready to learn.
- Students are expected to respectful at all times.
- Appropriate language is to be used at all times. (No profanity or inappropriate topics...)
Cell Phones and Electronic DevicesTo minimize classroom distractions:
Cell phones are not to be used during class-time.
- Per our school policy: cell phones are turned into the labeled collection box prior to the morning meeting or upon arrival at school.
- If a student needs to use their phone in an emergency - they may get permission from their teacher to come to the office to use it
- 1st Offense - student's phone will be confiscated and will be returned after a meeting with principal.
- 2nd Offense - student's phone will be confiscated and may be retrieved by parent or guardian after school.
- Additional Offenses - Progressive discipline, including school suspension for defiance of school rules.
If students wear inappropriate clothing, they will be asked to change or remove the clothing and may receive disciplinary consequences for repeated violations. The Principal shall determine final judgment of appropriateness.
- Revealing clothing (including apparel with exposed midriffs, strapless shoulders, halter tops, or low cut necklines) is not appropriate.
- No inappropriate words, symbols, or pictures are permitted on clothing, hats, book bags, binders, or skin. This includes items/words that are sexually provocative, culturally or racially insensitive, or those related to cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs.
- For reasons of safety, shoes must be worn at all times.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the classroom.
- Students should refrain from wearing Colognes, perfumes and other scented products to avoid triggering allergies and breathing difficulties for those sensitive to these products.
- Students may use the hoods of their sweatshirts or jackets ONLY when outdoors.
- Anything, including, but not limited to jewelry, clothing, colors, numbers, tattoos, graffiti, nicknames, whistling, etc., that shows or denotes gang affiliation or membership is not allowed.
- No posturing or intimidating behaviors, as determined by campus supervisors, are allowed. This includes circling the campus in groups of any number.
Related Petaluma City Schools Policies are linked below: