We work very hard to help students envision a bright and productive future for themselves. In support of these efforts, we expect students to present themselves as the young adults they are, ready to engage with their classes and prepare themselves for their post-highschool life. Students will not be allowed in class or out on the school grounds if dressed inappropriately. The following guidelines will help families as they consider appropriate school attire.
- Extremely tight or revealing clothing is not appropriate school apparel and is not allowed.
- Pajamas, slippers and bathrobes are not appropriate school apparel and are not allowed.
- Undergarments of any kind may not be visible.
- No inappropriate words, symbols, or pictures are permitted on clothing, hats, book bags, binders, or skin. This includes items/words that are obscene, profane, pornographic, gang related, disparaging or demeaning to others (i.e., racial, religious, sexist, or ethnic slurs; sexual innuendo) or anything advocating pain, death, suicide or the use of drugs/alcohol. Symbols or words depicting cigarettes, alcohol or drugs are not permitted.
- For reasons of safety, shoes must be worn at all times.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the classroom.
- Anything, including, but not limited to jewelry, clothing, colors, numbers, tattoos, graffiti, nicknames, whistling, etc. that shows or denotes gang affiliation or membership is not allowed.
- Clothing that creates a sense of intimidation or is gang-related initials or symbols.
- Gang affiliated or related bandanas of any color may not be displayed in any fashion.
- Macrame crosses, if worn, must be out of sight.
- Groups or individuals may not habitually wear similar styled or colored clothing or accessories that relate to gang affiliation.
- No posturing or intimidating behaviors, as determined by campus supervisors, are allowed. This includes circling the campus in groups of any number.