McKinley Five Minute Film Festival
Each Spring, McKinley students participate in the McKinley Five Minute Film Festival. This festival is in conjunction with the Petaluma City Schools Five Minute Film Festival. The District page has many examples and tools for students to use.
Each year, the Film Festival has a new theme. The theme for 2020 is "WHAT LIES BEYOND."
- Any length up to 5 minutes - If your film is over 5 minutes (including credits), your film will be disqualified.
- All submissions must be student-created and abide by Copyright and Fair Use Policy.
- Films must be school appropriate. No profanity, inappropriate gestures, etc. Think G or PG rating.
- Students may submit only one individual film, although additional participation in group submissions is permitted.
- All films must be uploaded to YouTube.
- No more than 6 films per teacher. Have a mini-film festival of your own to choose your top 6.
2019 McKinley Festival Submissions
Submissions are due to teachers by May 3, 2019.
Submissions may be uploaded to the student's Google Drive and the link shared with their teacher.
All grades may participate. There will be a TK-4 category, a 5-6 category, and a 7-8 category.
The McKinley Film Festival will use the District rubric for judging.
The Festival will be on May 10, 2019, from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.