Petaluma High School – Cross Country
Welcome to the official Cross Country website for Petaluma High School. Please check this site for information regarding the cross country team, including the meet schedule, workout schedules, route maps, general information, and fundraising information. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact Coach Franklin at email@example.com.
2. Please plan to attend the Parent Information Night on Thursday, December 10th at 6:00 pm in room F8.
The lessons you learn as a Cross Country runner will stay with you for the rest of your life. As a Cross Country runner you will gain the habits of a winner: setting goals; working hard; doing your best; being patient, persistent, and focused; and having fun while doing it! So, come out for Cross Country! Sure, at first you might hate it for the first two weeks because it isn’t easy, but if you keep at it, you’ll grow to love it.
But seriously, here's some physiological reasons why you should join:
- improved cardiovascular health
- lower blood pressure
- lower cholesterol
- a speedy metabolism
- an improved sense of self-esteem
- reduces the risk of heart disease, and many other diseases
- relieves stress
From Cross Country:
- you learn the harsh realities of your mental and physical limitations
- you gain strategies for extending those limitations so that you can run faster, run farther, and run tougher
- you come to understand that XC is a never ending contest of the runner...there is always room for improvement
For all of these reasons, and many, many more, Join Cross Country!
To give you an idea of what being on the cross country team is like, please check out the two pages below, which were put together by the amazing 2018-2019 yearbook staff here at PHS.