PHS Distance Learning
Distance learning is a concept derived by the need to maintain educational expectations while we are not able to access the traditional classroom setting. Our staff is dedicated to making this process as effective as possible. This site is intended to collect resources and information for all Students and Parents to access without the confusion of several emails.
Distance Learning Documents for Parents/Students
- Teacher Availability Schedule
- AP Updates for Schools Impacted by Coronavirus
- PHS Student Items Pick Up Request
- Temporary Grading Policy
- Distance Learning Grades/Evaluation of Student Achievement for Grades 6-12 FAQ's
- Shelter in Place Community Resources for Families
- Student Weekly Schedule Planning Template
Distance Learning Day 1 to Students
Technology Organization Tools and Resources for Students
This document includes links and videos on how to help you become more organized using google suite applications such as G-Classroom, Calendar, Email and more.
Need Tech Support?
Students and families can receive technology support for PCS issued iPads and Chromebooks by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student’s full name
- Student ID number
- Preferred contact information
- A thorough description of the issue
A representative from the PCS Technology department will make contact and attempt to resolve the issue remotely. If PCS Technology determines that the device needs to be swapped out, they will provide instructions for dropoff/pickup.
- Google classroom tutorial for parents (video)
- More Google classroom resources for parents (video)
- Google Classroom Tutorial in Spanish (video)
Students can join Zoom video conference calls without creating an account. The Zoom app has been pushed out to PCS iPads and Chromebooks. If it is not installed on a PCS iPad, it can be found in Self Service. The Chrome extension can be installed on Chromebooks if the app is not found.
Department Distance Learning Plans
These planning documents are designed by our teaching staff to help students and parents be aware of how they can access learning. The documents are designed for weekly updating as the teacher's plans may change. If your teachers have not updated the plan week to week then the original plan is current.