Dear Students and Families, We are in unprecedented times and hope all of you are managing well. We are all in this together and we want to be here for you if you are feeling challenged socially, emotionally and psychologically. We are here to support students and families with these new challenges directly as well as offer resources that may be helpful.
Contact your student's counselor with questions and concerns via email or request a phone call or online Zoom conversation.
Resource List and Links
Kaiser Permanente - Resources for Schools and Families
Resilience and Routines for Families During the Pandemic
National PTA: Tackling COVID-19 Together: PTA National has compiled many resources such as Talking with Students About COVID-19, Distant Learning Strategies, Social/Emotional Support, Fun Things to Do At Home During Shelter In Place, and more.
Apps to Support Mental Health
Support Stress Reduction and Mindfulness for Students
Take a Break from Social Media - Try These Instead
Studies have shown that a lot of time on social media and looking at screens can increase anxiety and stress levels. Try these activities instead:
- Play board games or cards as a family
- Go for a walk/hike outside
- Go for a bike ride
- Bake/cook for fun (baking recipes)
- Read a book or listen to one - there are free Audible memberships while schools are closed stories.audible.com
- Write in a journal - 78 Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1/3)
- Write stories
- Make a card or write a letter and mail it to a friend or family member
- Create experiments with supplies found around the house
- Practice an instrument
- Create art or print out coloring pages
- Make your own music videos to your favorite songs
- Choreograph your own dances
Resources for How To Talk About COVID-19