The Petaluma City Elementary and Joint Union High School Districts are committed to providing opportunities for all students to be challenged and motivated in school so that upon graduation, they will be successful in their future educational endeavors, careers, and community.
Petaluma City Schools will have a strong local, state, and national reputation as a district where:
- All students reach high levels of achievement in a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- All students graduate prepared for success in work, advanced study, and in the community.
- Students learn in a caring and safe environment where they are motivated to do their best work.
- Diversity is seen as an asset that strengthens and enriches our learning community.
- Parents and caregivers are recognized and engaged as partners.
- The community supports the educational program and is engaged as a resource for learning and expanded student experiences.
- All district employees are dedicated to student success and operate as a high-performing team sharing resources, knowledge, and skills toward common goals.
- Shared decision making is valued with active participation from all stakeholders.
District Snapshot Stats
- 7,493 total students
- 878 total staff
- 8 elementary schools
- 10 secondary schools
- 27% elementary
- 73% secondary
- $74 million annual District operation budget
- 199,780 miles of student transportation provided