FAQs from School Tours

  • When is priority registration for 2019-2020?

    November 26, 2018 - February 26, 2019 is priority regisration for 2019-2020 enrollment.

    Are there tours?

    Yes, Mrs. Haugen leads weeks tours beginning in December.  Check the website calendar dates/times then call the office to sign up.  

    What grades attend Valley Vista?

    TK through 6th grade

    What time does school start?

    8:25am is our daily start time

    What's NBCC?

    NBCC is North Bay Children's Center.  It's a preschool housed on our campus that runs year round.  We partner with our NBCC classroom in the garden and include them in our buddy program.  They eat lunch every day with our TK and Kinder classes in the multi.  For more information, call (707) 789-9379

    Do the big kids and little kids play together?

    We have four separate playground areas for our TK/K students, 1st-3rd grades, 4th-6th grades and NBCC Preschool.  Students do come together during buddy time and at child care.

    Is there language instruction at Valley Vista?

    Yes.  We are an International Baccalaureate candidate school.  We submitted and were accepted in January 2018.  We provide Spanish language instruction for all students at Valley Vista (TK-2nd once a week, 3rd-6th twice a week).  We are proud to offer an additional language to our English speakers and support our Spanish speakers to full bi-literacy.  

    What is the class size?

    In TK through 3rd grade, classrooms can hold a maximum of 28 students.  In 4th-6th grade, classrooms can increase to 32 students.  We maintain maximum averages among TK-3rd and 4th-6th as well.

    What are the hours of child care?

    Child Care opens in the morning at 6:30am and closes in the evening at 6:15pm.

    Who needs a transfer to attend Valley Vista?

    If you live in the attendance area of another PCS Elementary School, you need an intra-district transfer.  If you live in the residence area of another school district, you need an inter-district transfer.  Both of these can be found on the PCS Website or in our school office.