Counselors are divided by student's last names. Counselors are available for academic, personal/social issues, and post-secondary planning (college & career). Please email your counselor if you have questions or would like to set up an appointment to meet. To contact counseling please call 707-778-4779.
Mrs. Stoll (email@example.com) in the College & Career Center is also a great resource for college visits, work permits, jobs, community service opportunities, and so much more.
Additionally, we have MFT interns on-site available for extra mental health support.
For registration information, transcripts, and diplomas, please contact our registrar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Petaluma High has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely.
Want to check out a UC School? Go to the University of California Visit UC page for more information!
Below is a list of all the important dates for the 2019-2020 school year:
Counseling Calendar 2019-2020 Event Name Location Date FALL SEMESTER Trojan Roll Call PHS Multi Thursday & Friday, August 8th & 9th (9am-3pm) Freshman Orientation (Link Crew) PHS Gym Monday, August 12th @8am-12pm Freshman Parent Night PHS Library Monday, August 12th @6pm First Day of Schoo PHS Wednesday, August 14th Back-to-School Night PHS Wednesday, August 28th FAFSA/CA Dream & CSU apps open Online Tuesday, October 1st SRJC College Night (Jumpstart) PHS Library Thursday, October 3rd @6pm College Application Night (4 year bound) (11th/12th) PHS Library Thursday, October 10th @6pm PSAT PHS Saturday, October 19th @8am UC Apps Open Online November 1st PEF/PHS Local Scholarships Open Online November 1st Financial Aid Week/Rally PHS Library November 12th-15th (Rally Tuesday) Financial Aid/Cash for College Night PHS Library & F3 Thursday, November 14th Freshman Meetings (4 year plans) PE Classes November TBD 8th Grade Preview Night (PHS/Multi) PHS Multi 11/5 & 11/7 (daytime tours), Thursday, 11/7 evening event UC/CSU Application Deadline Online November 30th Fall Semester Ends PHS December 20th, 2019 SPRING SEMESTER PEF Scholarships Due PEF Online TBD College Night for 9th-11th PHS Multi Thursday, February 6th @6pm Registration (8th-11th) PHS, PJHS, CVHS, Cinnabar Jan-Feb PHS Local Scholarships Due PHS College & Career Center TBD AP/Honors Evening PHS Thursday, February 20th @6pm FAFSA/CA Dream and Cal Grant Deadline Online March 2nd SRJC Doyle Scholarships Due SRJC Online March 2nd (FAFSA) Press Democrat Awards Wells Fargo Center, Santa Rosa TBD PEF Night CGHS Gym April 8, 2020 Community Achievement Awards (Top 10) TBD TBD Senior Recognition Night Petaluma High School Tuesday, May 19th Graduation PHS Ellison Field Saturday, May 30th, 2019 Testing Dates SAT Offsite 8/24, 10/5, 11/2, 12/7, 3/14, 5/2, 6/6 ACT Offsite 9/14, 10/26, 12/14, 2/8, 4/4, 6/13 PSAT PHS Saturday, October 19th CAASSP (EAP) PHS April/May AP Testing PHS May 4th-15th
Schedules & Registration 2020-2021:
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be starting on January 13th. Students need to have access to their AERIES student portal in order to select classes for next year. Parents will be able to view their students choices using their AERIES parent portal but only the student portal can make the changes. Counselors will be visiting 9th-11th grade students in their English classes and will also be visiting 8th grade schools to help students register for their classes. Please note that while we make every effort to get students their first choice classes, they must always have a backup/alternative class. Please also note that from January 13th-February 7th counselors will be in classrooms the majority of the time and may take longer than normal to respond to emails and phone calls. Information on classes, graduation requirements, and A-G requirements can all be found on the counseling website. After registration is over, counselors will hold junior conferences from mid February-March and then sophomore conferences in late March-April to review students choices for next year. Please save the important dates: College Night on Thursday, February 6th at 6pm and AP/Honors Night on Thursday, February 20th at 6pm. Both of these evening events will help students and parents to better understand classes as well as the four year college process.
Below are the dates by grade level of when students will be registering:
Week of 1/12 Junior registration in English classes, enrollment open until Sunday, 1/19 1/19/2020 Deadline for junior students to make schedule changes Week of 1/19 Sophomore registration in English classes, enrollment open until Sunday, 1/26 1/26/2020 Deadline for sophomore students to make schedule changes Week of 1/26 Visits to 8th grade classrooms for registration 2/2/2020 Deadline for 8th grade students to make schedule changes Week of 2/3 Freshman registration in English classes, enrollment until Sunday, 2/9
PE Waiver Information, Board Policy AR 6142.7:
PE Waivers MUST be turned in during the conclusion of the sport season.
2019-2020 School Year:
- Fall: 11/12/2019
- Winter: 2/10/2020
- Spring: 5/22/2020
- Student athletes must have taken and passed physical education in grade 9 with a grade of “C” or better.
- Student athletes must score in the “healthy fitness zone” in five of the six fitness areas tested in grade 9 as measured by the FITNESSGRAM.
- Student athletes must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (Total GPA), for each grading period during the period of exemption.
- The exempted physical education course must be replaced with another course, which cannot be an unscheduled (free) period, and student athletes must maintain a full class load, during the period of exemption.
- For each full season of sport completed in grades 10 and/or 11, student athletes will be exempted from physical education for one semester.
- During the annual course registration window, or upon new enrollment, a student athlete must notify his/her counselor of his/her intent to apply for a Physical Education Exemption Based on Interscholastic Athletic Program Participation, so that the student athlete is scheduled appropriately.
- At the conclusion of each season of sport the student athlete must complete a Physical Education Exemption Application, which has been signed by the student athlete, parent/guardian, and counselor. The athletic director will confirm completion of the season of sport and sign the application.
- Students who do not fulfill the requirements of this exemption by the start of grade 12, and have not satisfied the physical education graduation requirements, will need to earn their remaining physical education credits required for graduation.
Are you interested in taking an SRJC class? Please review the steps to enroll in an SRJC Class:
Steps to enroll in an SRJC Class:
- Look at online schedule: https://classes.santarosa.edu/
- Create an online SRJC account and get Student ID# (9 digit number)
- Complete concurrent enrollment form and get ALL required signatures (see attached)
- Review any prerequisite requirements/take any placement tests for specific subjects
- Turn form into SRJC Admissions & Records BEFORE you register
- Register online during priority registration
- Show counselor proof of registration
SRJC Jumpstart Info (for Seniors):
- Tuesday, October 1st @12:40pm (Rm. B2): JumpStart Student Kick-Off Event
- Tuesday, October 1st: FAFSA/CA Dream/Doyle Applications open (online)
- Thursday, October 3rd @6pm (PHS Library): SRJC Parent Information Night (Spanish/English)
- Tuesday, October 29th (8:45am-3pm in F3): Open CCC Application Workshops
- Friday, November 1st: PHS Scholarship Applications open (Ms. Stoll)
- November TBD: Parent Info for students with IEPs
- November 12th - November 15th: Financial Aid Week
- Thursday, November 14th @6pm (PHS Library/F3): FAFSA/Cash for College Night
- Tuesday, November 19th @ 12:10 (Library): Counseling 270 Info Meeting
- Monday, December 2nd: High School Dual Enrollment Form Due to Counselors
- Friday, December 6th @ 7am: Register for Spring Classes (Couns 270)
- Saturday, January 11th @830am-3pm: Super Saturday at SRJC (both campuses)
- Wednesday, January 22nd: PEF Scholarships are due by 4pm online
- Wednesday, February 4th: PHS Scholarships are due by 12pm (noon) to Ms. Stoll
- Thursday, February 6th @ 5:45 (F3): FAFSA/Cash for College Night
- Monday, March 2nd: FAFSA/CA Dream Application Deadline
- Tuesday, April 14th @ 12:10-1:15/Library: 2nd Chance Open CCC registration
- Spring 2019 (SRJC): JumpStart Counseling 270 Class (March/April)
- Early May 2019 TBD (830am-10am): Summer & Fall 2018 Registration Workshop
- Thursday, May 21 at 12:10 (Library) : End of year Jumpstart Celebration!
SRJC Steps to Attend for the Summer or Fall of 2020:
- Complete the Spring 2020 application to SRJC.
- Complete a Financial Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Application before March 2, 2020 to be eligible for Doyle Scholarship and “SRJC for Free”
- Complete & submit a High School Dual Enrollment Form to enroll in Counseling 270
- Enroll & successfully complete Counseling 270 as a high school student during the spring semester to earn Priority 3 Registration for the Summer & Fall 2020
- Summer & Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes will be available online in March 2020
- Update your Summer/Fall 2020 online application to SRJC as a high school graduate
- Students who do not attend Counseling 270, will still be able to earn priority 4 registration for Summer/Fall 2020 by completing an online orientation through their SRJC Student Portal and meeting with an SRJC Counselor to create an Educational Plan. These steps should only be completed after the student has a current application to SRJC on file. Priority 4 will be offered 2 days after Priority 3, exact dates are still being determined.
To get text reminders: Text @srjcjump to 81010