Counselors are divided by student's last names. Counselors are available for academic, personal/social issues, and post secondary planning (college & career). Please email your counselor if you have questions or would like to set up an appointment to meet. Mrs. Stoll (email@example.com) in the College & Career center is also a great resource for college visits, work permits, jobs, community service opportunities, and so much more. Additonally, we have MFT interns on site available for extra mental health support. Please note all counselors are off for the summer and will be back August 1st. For work permits, please visit the district office. For registration, please contact our registrar - firstname.lastname@example.org
PHS Counseling Save the Dates 2018-2019
Monday, August 13th @8am-12pm (PHS Gym): Freshman Orientation
Monday, August 13th @6pm (PHS Multi): Freshman Parent Night
Wednesday, August 15th: First Day of School
Wednesday, August 29th @5:30pm: Back to School Night
Thursday, September 27th @6pm (PHS Library): SRJC Jumpstart Night (Seniors) (attached presentation)
Thursday, October 4th @6pm (PHS Library): 4 Year College Night (Seniors) (attached presentation)
Saturday, October 13th @8am (PHS Library): PSAT (Sophomores/Juniors)
November 5th – November 9th: Financial Aid Week (Seniors)
Wednesday, November 7th @6pm (PHS Library): Financial Aid/Cash for College Night (Seniors)
October 1– November 30: CSU filing period (Seniors)
November 1 – November 30: UC Filing period (Seniors)
Friday, December 21st: End of Fall Semester
Thursday, February 7th @6pm (PHS Library): College Night for 9th, 10th & 11th Grade Students
Thursday, February 21st @6pm: AP/Honors Night
Thursday, March 2nd: FAFSA/CA Dream Deadline
May 6th – 17th: AP Exams
Tuesday, May 21st @630pm (Luchessi Center): Senior Recognition Night
Saturday, June 1st @10am (Ellison Field): Graduation!
Schedules & Registration:
Schedule changes are made during the first 10 days of school. After that, schedule changes are NOT permitted. Classes dropped after 6 weeks result in an automatic withdraw "F". Schedules cannot be changed based on teacher preference or period preference. All students must be in a minimum of 6 classes with PHS (seniors can take 5). Email your counselor with questions.
Trojan Roll Call will be Thursday, August 9th & Friday, August 10th - during this time students will be able to pick up copies of their schedules for Fall 2018. Please note that AP/Honors classes are a year long comitment and cannot be dropped.
PE Waiver Information, Board Policy AR 6142.7:
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, the following guidelines will apply in order to be exempted from such courses, for the graduating classes of 2019 and subsequent years. This exemption is not retroactive for the graduating classes of 2017 and 2018.
- Student athletes must have taken and passed physical education in grade 9 with a grade of “C” or better.
- Student athletes must score in the “healthy fitness zone” in five of the six fitness areas tested in grade 9 as measured by the FITNESSGRAM.
- Student athletes must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (Total GPA), for each grading period during the period of exemption.
- The exempted physical education course must be replaced with another course, which cannot be an unscheduled (free) period, and student athletes must maintain a full class load, during the period of exemption.
- For each full season of sport completed in grades 10 and/or 11, student athletes will be exempted from physical education for one semester.
- During the annual course registration window, or upon new enrollment, a student athlete must notify his/her counselor of his/her intent to apply for a Physical Education Exemption Based on Interscholastic Athletic Program Participation, so that the student athlete is scheduled appropriately.
- At the conclusion of each season of sport the student athlete must complete a Physical Education Exemption Application, which has been signed by the student athlete, parent/guardian, and counselor. The athletic director will confirm completion of the season of sport and sign the application.
- Students who do not fulfill the requirements of this exemption by the start of grade 12, and have not satisfied the physical education graduation requirements, will need to earn their remaining physical education credits required for graduation.
Are you interested in taking a SRJC class in spring 2019? The schedule is available now and concurrent registration forms are due to SRJC BEFORE students can register. Registration starts Friday, December 7th so forms should be in by December 1st directly to SRJC. Spring classes start January 14th, 2019. Please review the steps to enroll in a SRJC Class:
Steps to enroll in a SRJC Class:
- Look at online schedule: https://classes.santarosa.edu/
- Create an online SRJC account and get Student ID# (9 digit number)
- Complete concurrent enrollment form and get ALL required signatures (see attached)
- Review any prerequiste requirements/take any placement tests for specific subjects (English, Math, Science & Language classes): https://assessment.santarosa.edu/
- Turn form into SRJC Admissions & Records BEFORE you register
- Register online during priority registration
- Show counselor proof of registration
SRJC Jumpstart Info (for Seniors):
Tuesday, September 25th @12:40pm (Room B2): JumpStart Student Kick-Off Event
Thursday, September 27th @6pm (PHS Library): SRJC Parent Information Night
Monday, October 1st: PHS Application opens (Ms. Stoll)
Monday, October 29th (8:45am-2pm in F3): Open CCC Apply Application Workshops
Thursday, November 1st: PEF Application opens (online)
November 5th - November 9th: Financial Aid Week
Wednesday, November 7th @6pm (PHS Library & F3): Financial Aid/Cash for College Night
Tuesday, November 27th @ 12:40 (Room B2): Counseling 270 Info Meeting
Monday, December 10th: High School Concurrent Enrollment Form Deadline to counselors
Saturday, January 12th @830am-3pm: Super Saturday at SRJC (both campuses)
Wednesday, January 23rd: PEF Scholarships are due by 4pm online
Wednesday, February 6th: PHS Scholarships are due by 12pm (noon) to Ms. Stoll
Saturday, March 2nd: FAFSA/CA Dream Act Deadline
Spring 2019 (SRJC): JumpStart Counseling 270 Class (March/April)
Spring 2018 TBD: OpenCCC Application Workshop Update Reminder
Early May 2019 TBD (830am-10am): Summer & Fall 2018 Registration Workshop
TBD: Parent Orientation for students with IEPs
Late May TBD: Celebration!
SRJC Steps to Attend for the Summer or Fall of 2019:
- Complete the Spring 2019 application to SRJC
- Complete the Doyle Scholarship & Doyle Trustee Scholarship online application
- Complete a 2018-2019 Financial Aid Application before March 2, 2019
- Complete & submit a High School Concurrent Enrollment Form to enroll in Counseling 270
- Enroll & successfully complete Counseling 270 as a high school student during spring semester to earn Priority 3 Registration for the Summer & Fall 2019
- Summer & Fall 2019 Schedule of Classes will be available online in March 2019
- Update your Summer/Fall 2019 online application to SRJC as a high school graduate
- Attend a registration workshop on your high school campus where SRJC staff will assist students to register for Summer/Fall 2019 classes
- Students who do not attend Counseling 270, will still be able to earn priority 4 registration for Summer/Fall 2019 by completing our online orientation through their SRJC Student Portal and meeting with an SRJC Counselor to create an Educational Plan. These steps should only be completed after the student has a current application to SRJC on file. Priority 4 will be offered 2 days after Priority 3, exact dates still being determined.
To get text reminders: Text @srjcjump to 81010