• What do I do if ... 


    My student is absent, late, or needs to leave early from school?
    Please check the Attendance link here, and call the attendance hotline at 778.4726.

    My student forgot their homework or lunch at home?
    Please deliver it to the school office with their name on it.  We will put it out for the students to pick up. (Students are periodically reminded where to pick up forgotten items)  We do not deliver to classes because we try to keep the interruptions to a minimum.  Please do not drop off any iPads or other electronic devices.

    I have a question about my student’s grade?
    Please contact the teacher.  All emails are listed on the Staff Directory page.  If you are not sure which teacher to contact, your child's schedule can always be found in your AERIES account, including the teachers' emails.

    My student is hurt and can not do PE?
    A parent can write a note that modifies P.E. for three class periods.  More than three periods requires a doctor’s note.  Only a physician can excuse a child completely from class.  Have your student take the note to the student window to be processed.


    My child is going to be absent from school - how do I help make sure they don't fall behind on their assignments?
    For absences fewer than 5 consecutive days, please contact each teacher individually for all student work/assignments.
    For absences 5 consecutive days (or more) please contact Independent Study Coordinator Zack Dee at zdee@petk12.org (at least 5 days before the start of the absence) to set up an Independent Study Contract.  In this case, the I/S Coordinator will collect the work/assignments from each of the teachers for the student.

    My student is ill and needs work?
    If your student is out ill, please check the teacher's web pages (if available), check the AERIES portal, or contact each teacher.

    Something traumatic occurred in the family?
    Please contact your student’s counselor.  They can help you work with the student and staff to support your student

      • Last names of A-K: Ninotchka Horowitz
        • 778-4730
      • Last names of L-Z: Sheri Leigh
        • 778-4729

    How do I place money on my student’s lunch account?
    You can log onto Titan School Solutions and add to your student’s account online.
    Your child can also give cash or checks directly to the staff in the cafeteria.

    How do I purchase Petaluma Transit bus tickets?
    Your student may purchase tickets in the office.

    My student wants to play sports?
    On our website, click on athletics, and go through the athletic clearance registration online.  After you have downloaded and completed your clearance form, please turn them in to the office.

    We have moved and changed address/telephone numbers, who do we contact?
    Please contact Amy McCoy at 778.4726 to update your information.

    We are moving out of the district, who do we contact?
    Please contact Amy McCoy at 778.4726 to start this process.

    I need to talk with someone in the office?
    The office is open from 7:30-4pm.  Our school is a closed campus which means all adults on campus must be an employee or have a visitor’s pass. Do not park in the front circle, park in the parking lot.