In the interest of offering as much protection as possible to your child, the McNear staff has been instructed to do the following:
- Insist that all adults report to the office to arrange for a release of a child from school.
- Not release children to adults unless accompanied by either the Principal or Secretary unless the adult is well known to the teacher.
- Not to release the child if the child appears reluctant or uncertain as to who the person is.
- Verify the authenticity of the message by immediately returning the call if a call is received from an adult asking that a child be released to go home.
- Not to release children who ride a bus to ride home with a friend or neighbor, unless the parent has specifically given permission to the school for the child to ride home.