What is the PTSA?
It's an association of parents, teachers, and students working together to help benefit PJHS and also be involved in our children's lives at school.
Joining the PTSA and volunteering your time is a terrific way to be involved in your student's academic life. It's also fun for you to meet and spend time with other parents while enjoying the support you're giving your child.
And remember, it's never too late to join or become involved!
PJHS PTSA is a part of the State and National PTA Association. Visit www.capta.org. to find out what California State PTA is doing for our kids and www.pta.org for our National PTA.
A side benefit of becoming a PTSA member is that you can save money with merchants who are members of the National PTA Member Benefits Provider Program such as Barnes&Noble.com
How to get involved:
#1 Become a PTSA Member
You can join PTSA online! Membership is $20 (+$1 processing fee).
You can either print this form or pick up a copy in the front office, fill it out and turn it in with $20.
*Meetings are optional, but are a great way to have your voice heard and your vote count!
We meet the 1st Monday of each month via Zoom. Link: https://petk12.zoom.us/j/83873420485?pwd=cWY3R1NYaktoWCszS3ZoV0Job0t3dz09
- Chair an event - take the lead in helping to plan one of our PTSA events or activities.
- Watch Parent Square for volunteer requests and sign up.
#3 Make a Donation
The PTSA supports:
- The beginning of the year supply drive.
- Teacher Mini Grants for field trips and enrichment programs.
- Community Building Events (ex: Tie Dye Night, Crafternoons etc.)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2-8)
- 8th Grade Promotion Celebration (June 10)
There are many ways to donate!
- Watch Parent Square for upcoming PTSA events and sign up to provide supplies or refreshments.
- Participate in one of our school fundraisers. (There are tentative plans for a Book Fair and Read-a-thon in the Spring)
- Use the donate button on your PTSA dashboard (if you are a member) or bring cash or check donations to the front office.
- Become a business sponsor for a program or event.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile and pick PJHS PTSA as your charity of choice. (Use the link below to sign up.)
Contact the PTSA