Dear Students and Families, We are in unprecedented times and hope all of you are managing well with Shelter in Place and Distant Learning. We are all in this together and we want to be here for you if you are feeling challenged socially, emotionally, psychologically, and/or with managing this new system. We are here to support students and families with these new challenges directly as well as offer resources that may be helpful.
Students were invited to a Counseling Google Classroom with resources and ways to connect with their counselor. Families who were already signed into Google Classroom were automatically linked in. If you are not already signed up we invite you to join us. Please email your school counselor.
Contact your student's counselor with questions and concerns directly through an email or request a phone call or online Zoom conversation.
Resource List and Links
Kaiser Permanente - Resources for Schools and Families
Resilience and Routines for Families During the Pandemic
National PTA: Tackling COVID-19 Together: PTA National has compiled many resources such as Talking with Students About COVID-19, Distant Learning Strategies, Social/Emotional Support, Fun Things to Do At Home During Shelter In Place, and more.
Resources for How To Talk About COVID-19
Apps to Support Mental Health
Support Stress Reduction and Mindfulness for Students
Positive Ways to Spend Time at Home During Shelter In Place
Studies have shown that a lot of time on social media and looking at screens can increase anxiety and stress levels. Try these activities instead:
- Play board games or cards as a family
- Go for a walk/hike outside
- Go for a bike ride
- Bake/cook for fun (baking recipes)
- Read a book or listen to one - there are free Audible memberships while schools are closed stories.audible.com
- Write in a journal - 78 Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1/3)
- Write stories
- Make a card or write a letter and mail it to a friend or family member
- Create experiments with supplies found around the house
- Practice an instrument
- Create art or print out coloring pages
- Make your own music videos to your favorite songs
- Choreograph your own dances