McDowell Elementary School
Home of the Monarchs
- McDowell Elementary School
- Resources for families
Help with technology
Students and families can receive technology support for PCS issued iPads and Chromebooks by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Student’s full name
- Student ID number
- Preferred contact information
- A thorough description of the issue
A representative from the PCS Technology department will make contact and attempt to resolve the issue remotely. If PCS Technology determines that the device needs to be swapped out, they will provide instructions for dropoff/pickup.
WiFi and Internet access
Petaluma City Schools has provided resources for getting free and affordable internet access.
To participate in distance learning, we want all students and families to be connected to the internet. Many companies are offering free or discounted internet options:
1) During the COVID-19 outbreak, Sonic is offering three months of free internet access and unlimited nationwide home telephone service to households with K-12, college students, or senior citizens 60 or older. Based on location, service is available through our fiber-optic network, with symmetric speeds of up to 1Gbps (1000Mbps/1000Mbps download, and upload) or our copper network, with speeds up to 50Mbps. There are no data caps, so it is ideal for students who are streaming distance learning during the coronavirus crisis. Check for availability here: https://www.sonic.com/availability For financial assistance for current customers, please contact email@example.com.
2) As our country continues to manage the COVID-19 emergency, Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect low-income families to the Internet at home. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. Apply by April 30, 2020. https://apply.internetessentials.com/ . Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.