Petaluma High School
Home of the Trojans
- Petaluma High School
- News and Headlines
PHS Graduation 2022
Information Regarding the Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony
Graduation Photos from Collegiate Studios are Now Available. Parents/guardians: Please check you email for a unique link to your senior's photos, or, click on the link below or QR code to register.
The ceremony will be live streamed. Please access that live stream here: https://youtu.be/akPwfOADpHk
Petaluma High School will hold this year’s graduation ceremony at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 11th at Ellison Field. The graduation ceremony is the culmination of a 13-year educational journey and is a significant and special occasion for all. There are several items that both students and parents should be aware of prior to graduation.
- Admission is free: no tickets are required. Seating will be available on both sides of the stadium, but you should arrive early, as attendance is traditionally large. It is usually warm in the stadium, so appropriate dress is recommended. Some may find sun hats and water to be useful items.
- The Stadium will be open no earlier than 9:00 a.m. for seating. Seating is first come, first served. No reserved seating is allowed. Please remember that this ceremony is special for everyone: Be respectful of those around you and conscientious of space. Avoid large balloons or other decorative items that may block the view of those behind you. No video recording cameras are allowed on the field.
- Seniors will need to report to the multi by 9:00 a.m. to line up for the ceremony.
- On Friday, June 10th, following a 1:00 p.m. ice cream social in the Multi, graduating seniors will assemble for practice at 2 p.m. Graduating seniors must attend the practice session in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Appropriate dress is required for graduating seniors. Shoes must be worn. No flip-flops or shorts will be permitted. Students are advised to leave purses and bags with guests. Decorating mortar boards or gowns is not allowed. Behavior during the ceremony must be appropriate and respectful of the ceremony and its participants.
- During the graduation ceremony, graduates are given blank diploma covers; actual diploma certificates will be available for pickup starting Monday morning, June 20th in the Main Office.
- Handicapped access: If a family member needs handicapped access, please contact the counseling office at 778-4779. Handicap parking spaces have been designated in the parking lot behind the home bleachers and near the Petaluma Wildlife Museum. The area in front of the snack shack will be reserved for handicapped seating. Both sides of the stands will allow viewing of the graduates.
- A small number of seniors are in a critical position related to graduation status. Final determination of status may not be made in some cases until the last week of school. We hope that parents and seniors have been discussing graduation and fully understand each student’s status. Graduates must clear all school fines and fees, including Chromebook invoices, prior to receiving their diplomas.